Monday, March 3, 2014

FASHION FOR LESS, WIDE FEET SERIES: HUNTERS RAINBOOTS

With the drought, I'm sure we are all happy there was some rain this weekend.  But, who wants to ruin their good shoes in the rain?  Years ago, hunters boots were in because of it's slim fit silhouette and it helped that only every celebrity wore one.  A pair of Hunters knee high rain boots cost around $140 each at Nordstrom.  Currently, the purple and red ones are on sale on Hunter's website for $98 (final sale).     But, at Nordstrom rack, the high heel, knee high Hunters boots only cost $47!  The Hunters knee high, flat boots are around $75 at Nordstrom Rack.  For my fellow small feet friends that are petite, a pair of Hunters boots in the kids section would cost $75 in Nordstrom store.  That's almost half the price!  For the amount of days one can wear rain boots, not everyone would want to spend over 100 on it.

hunter rain boots, lonny high
The Hunter Rain Boot, Lonny High Heel, (orig. $195), $47 at Nordstrom Rack
These are sold out pretty much everywhere!  But I see some in Nordstrom Rack and ebay.

Here are the measurements of my size 5 Hunter rain boots

Shaft height: 14 inches
Calf circumference: 14 inches
Heel Height: 5 inches
Platform Height: 1 inch

This is what I've noticed.  The Hunters high heel rain boots have a flattering, slim fit silhouette.  BUT, that also means it has a more narrow ankle opening, which makes it harder to get in and out of.  I wear my rain boots A LOT.  Every time I travel to places that may rain, my rain boots will go with me.  I bought a pair of polo kids rainboots a couple years ago in First Line for $24!!!  They battled the rain and mud with me in Paris and Taiwan, saving the lives of my most treasured leather boots.

polo boots, levitation

polo boots, levitation

The high heel version was comfortable to walk in.  I can go a whole day shopping in them and my feet won't hate me.  But, The hunter boots are much harder to get in and out of at the airport compared to my flat polo boots.  The ankle width was actually the same.  But, the rubber on the polo boots are softer and bend much easier.  The circumference of the polo flat boots were also much wider.  On top of that, the forefoot width of the polo rain boots (see right picture below) were also 1" wider, making it much more comfortable for wide feet +/- bunions for running or long distance walking for site seeing.  


Verdict for petite girls with wide feet: I think the Hunter rain boots are still super cute.  It's a pair of shoes I can wear on the weekend when it rains.  It is easy to walk in and it did not hurt my bunions because the rubber material does stretch.  It also has pretty good grip so I had no problem with slipping in the rain or falling.  The Hunter rain boots, however, is NOT a pair of boots I would travel on trips with.  I can imagine it being difficult to get in and out of during security check or customs.  For a petite girl, I love the nude color and height enhancement to elongate those legs.  I have received so many compliments from strangers!


Follow Simplyblissbeautydiary on Google+!

2 comments:

  1. But, at Nordstrom rack, the high heel, knee high Hunters boots only cost $47! The Hunters knee high, flat boots are around $75 at Nordstrom ... flatkneehighboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really insightful.
    Thanks for such a nice content.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look theshoesfinder thanks

    ReplyDelete