Wednesday, February 26, 2014

FASHION FOR LESS Part 1

I fell in love with the T by Alexander Wang skirt on Wendy’s Lookbook post when it first came out.  But, I didn’t want to pay over $100 for a weekend casual skirt.  Then I went shopping at Zara recently and found the draped mini.  This is definitely a keeper for me.  It’s comfortable, stylish, and at a decent price for a fun weekend skirt.


Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 6.27.34 PMzara trafaluc draped mini vs. t by alexander wang zara trafaluc draped mini vs. t by alexander wang
Top: same styled skirt worn by Mila Kunis in Friends With Benefits
Middle: Zara Trafaluc Draped Mini  for $16.90
Size reference: I’m 5’2, I wear 00p to 000p, xxs, inseam is 28.  Size small in Zara’s trafaluc draped mini is the smallest size and it fits me like a glove.  Since it’s cotton, it’s very comfortable.  The length hits above knee and the skirt moves up to mid thigh when I sit down.  With the V shaped opening in the front and the length on me, I still feel comfortable sitting down.  For taller girls, this dress may flash people when you sit down.  Alternative would be BCBG’s silvie power skirt. ($198)  This is a body con dress so it’s not cotton.  It does stretch a lot and does not move up as move as cotton dresses.  It’s a relatively old style so you may find it on ebay.  Sizes run small.  I tried on an xs and had to pull really hard to get the waist of dress up my hip.  Size small in the BCBG body con power skirts are way more comfortable and still has a slim fit effect on me.
Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 2.14.41 AM
My overall verdict: Zara skirt is a keeper for me.  The BCBG silvie power skirt was a return for me because I like the BCBG Azria skirt more.

Follow Simplyblissbeautydiary on Google+!

No comments:

Post a Comment